In a rave review at www.kidsmusicthatrocks.blogspot.com/
, Warren Truitt of the Donnell Library’s Childrens Reading Room, calls it, "the kids' album most likely to induce spontaneous salsa dancing.”
JOSH LEVINE FOR KIDS is a collection of songs in Spanish and English that I’ve been singing over the past eight years with many thousands of New York City children in schools, parks, parties and programs.
JOSH LEVINE FOR KIDS is a valuable resource for teachers, but it’s not just for teachers and it’s not just for kids. It’s also for parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and YOU! I hope you’ll listen to the free samples at http://cdbaby.com/cd/jlevine
Most of the songs are made for movement:
• Mi Cuerpo Hace Musica is all about how ones’ body makes music.
• Jump Jim Joe is a changing partners dance – the lyrics tell you what to do.
• A dancing train, perhaps, to the chugging rhythm of Workin’ on the Railroad.
• You can pantomime I Am A Pumpkin, Wheels on the Bus and Tiburon.
• If You’re Happy And You Know It – buy Josh Levine for Kids!
• The Hokey Pokey mambo.
There are also some great songs for teaching about diversity and tolerance:
• A Real Bouquet is a poem by Edith Segal set to music by me.
• A Place in the Choir, by Bill Staines with animal calls by yours truly.
• This Land is Your Land, by Woody Guthrie. It was made for you and me.
• The Alphabet Song as a mambo.
• Cumpleanos Feliz as a cha cha.
• I’ve Got Music In My Soul swings.
Percussionist Guillermo Cardenas plays on two of the fourteen selections. I sing and play bass, Venezuelan cuatro, keyboards and percussion.
Since I’m producing my next children’s project now, I’d appreciate your feedback on this one.
If you want to book me for a party or community event, please contact me directly at email@example.com.